Admissions to the Nursery
Thank you for considering Dulwich Wood Nursery School. When you complete an application form we will put your child’s name on the application list. Places are allocated according to the School’s Admissions Policy.
The main intake for new three and four year olds is in September. Children need to be three by 31st August to be eligible for this intake. Children starting at Dulwich Wood in the nursery will be given a part-time place (15 hours a week in 5 3 hour sessions). These 15 hours are funded by the government.
Children already in the two year olds and three year olds staying on in the nursery class for a second year will automatically fill many places in the new nursery classes each September. Children already at Dulwich Wood will get first choice on which sessions they want their 15 hours to be spread over and which sessions they wish to buy as extras.
If parents / carers are on the waiting list then the are informed by phone and letter when a place is available. You need to make sure that you tell us if you change telephone number of address while waiting for a place.
Places are offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children (LAC).
- Children with educational, medical or social needs where professional advice indicates that placement would be beneficial; this includes children with a statement of education needs which names Dulwich Wood Nursery School.
- Children who already have a place in the Under threes provision at Dulwich Wood Nursery.
- Children of staff who work within the Dulwich Wood Federation.
- Children who already have a sibling attending either Dulwich Wood Primary or Dulwich Wood Nursery School. Children for whom Dulwich Wood Nursery School is the nearest nursery school to their home when measured by shortest walking distance. (Where the child is cared for by an Ofsted registered child-minder for at least 50% of the week on a regular basis, the child-minder’s address will be used as the point from which distance is measured.
We process each application in the order in which they are registered on our list. You can register your application from your child’s second birthday. (There is a separate application process for places in the Under three provision). Parents / carers will be informed by letter when a place is available.
We do not have a set school uniform at the moment but we do sell very smart school sweatshirts for £8.00 which a lot of children choose to wear. There is an order form available lower down this page.
Please make sure your child comes in wearing clothes that are not restrictive, delicate, fancy or unsuitable for playing outdoors as we spent a lot of time outside and children get muddy when they play in the extensive grounds!
We recommend t-shirts, jogging bottoms and trainers. Fleeces and anoraks are essential for keeping warm during outdoor play. Don’t forget hats, gloves and scarves too! Please mark all removable items of clothing with your child’s name.
Apart from stud earrings, jewelry must not be worn in school for health and safety reasons. The same is true for open-toed sandals and flip flops.
EYPP report – being updated
Many other Federation-wide policies are available in the Parent Zone at the Primary School site. Click on the icon to visit the page.